Truly Magical ENCHANTED RIVER

Do you believe in magic?
Many people believe in magic and some are don’t. If we are talking about magic, we can think of somehow enchanted music, enchanted views, enchanted actions and etc.
As I keep on reading some travel reviews from social media and any other site, I also feel of excitement when I read/heard about Enchanted River. It came into my mind why is it called Enchanted. Well, you will see and find out when you see it with your own eyes.
There are so many stories about this river and you can search it in Google.
The HINATUAN ENCHANTED RIVER is a deep spring river on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. It flows into the Philippine Sea and the Pacific Ocean at Barangay Talisay, HinatuanSurigao del Sur. It is found between the boundaries of Barangays of Talisay and Cambatong.[1] It earned the moniker "enchanted river" from the diplomat Modesto Farolan who described the river in his poem entitled "Rio Encantado" -wikipedia-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinatuan_Enchanted_River
If you want to know more about the history and facts about the river, you may refer from wikipedia. Since you can see all the history through wikipedia, what I am sharing it here is the experience of how it is satisfying and breathtaking it is.
There are multiple ways on how to get there. I am from Cebu so what I tried through airplane and bus. I booked a flight from Cebu to Butuan through cebupacificair.com. I also referred from the reviews that I read that it is more convenient if you will start from Butuan if you are not from Mindanao, rather than via Davao. I am not really a fan of getting a tour package from travel agencies so I just let my instinct work. I am a commuter so I just ask people where and what to do when I get to the place.
I arrived the afternoon in the Butuan airport because of the delayed flight, well its a promo ticket so I don’t have much right to blame. Hehehe. Since I arrived afternoon, I just decided to stay for a night in Butuan and travel at dawn on the next day. There are many affordable lodging houses that you can check so no worries about that. Good thing that their airport has public jeep so if you are on a tight budget, cab/taxi is not really necessary. I wasn’t able to roam around the place because I was tired and was late when I found the place to stay. I decided to just rest in the room.
—-Lights off—-
3:00 o'clock in the morning when I departed from Butuan bus terminal. They have Ceres liner bus that has a route to Hinatuan and vice versa. I traveled early morning so I can avoid any heavy traffic and peak hours on the river. It was roughly 3-4 hours of travel from Butuan to Hinatuan so I still had time to take a nap during the travel.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highland Tour Within Cebu City

Forest Camp : Valencia, Negros Orriental

Thumbs Up Isla Gigantes