Sumilon Island

One of the best island in the province of Cebu that you should not missed.
When the rock, ocean and sand meet.

It really feels great when someone invited you to an adventure that you haven't tried yet. It was my lucky day when my friend invited me to explore the island of Sumilon. He actually visited his childhood friends in Oslob and they decided to go swimming. Without any hesitations, I immediately prepared my things even if I was in Lapu-Lapu City. It was late in the afternoon when he messaged me and I still pushed through because I know it will be fun.

It was also my first time to visit the town of Oslob wherein it is in the southern part of Cebu. I took a bus from Cebu South Bus Terminal and the travel time is 3-4 hours. I arrived in Oslob late in the evening and then we had a short bonding with some bottle of beers before we hit the sack.

On the following day, we woke up early in the morning to prepare food and our belongings to bring in the island. I was so excited to swim and explore the island. After we took our breakfast, we headed to the port where the our boat that we will use is waiting for us.

As always, sea breeze and clear water really amazed my eyes. It was so captivating. It took 30 minutes of travel from Oslob to Sumilon island. Check the pictures for you to appreciate.

Tourists in the house
I just can't help but to take selfie.

Face of Excited

Truly amazing view

Tips and How to Get here?
If you are from Mactan Airport, you just need to ride a cab/taxi to bring you in the Cebu South Bus Terminal. Look for a bus that will go to Oslob. There are multiple bus operators, but I recommend the Ceres bus liners for more comfort. Just let the driver know that you will be heading to Tan-awan Oslob and he will drop you there. It is a long bus travel so better you will stay for an overnight in town of Oslob then you can do the Sumilon adventure for the following day. 

For hotel/accommodation, better to book it online through Agoda or Travelbook for affordable rates. You can also check the website of some establishment in town and you can directly contact them for reservations. There are so many resorts and accommodations in town so nothing to worry about if you decided to walk-in. Other resorts will help you for your complete adventure during your stay.

It is also good to avail travel and tour packages for less hassle for you, but it's not really necessary if you really want to do it yourself. I would also advise to do research first before you will go to the place.


I hope this blog helps you. If you have suggestions or questions, please write some comments and share this blog by clicking the link below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highland Tour Within Cebu City

Forest Camp : Valencia, Negros Orriental

Thumbs Up Isla Gigantes