A Perfect Cone in a Valentine.

Celebrating my valentines day in the land of Fun and adventure – Legazpi City, Albay.
Travelling alone is not that easy, but it’s not bad at all. I booked the flight couple of months before this trip and it’s a lot cheaper than you booked it on the spot. Cebupacificair is so much helpful, though somehow there are delayed flights, but still the price of the ticket really worth.
Legazpi Airport is not that really big because it is just for domestic travel. We even had the same flight with the HASHTAGS artist of ABS-CBN from Manila to Legazpi. I wasn’t expecting that they are that famous in Albay.
Well, before I will travel to the place, I make sure to book a hotel or a place to stay so I won’t be stressedto look for a place on the spot. The good thing that the hotel that I booked had a free airport shuttle. When I arrived at the airport, only few transportation and the few people that time so its kinda solemn that I look at the place. There is already a tourist information/guide at the arrival station so its very helpful for the travelers.
I arrived at 12noon at the airport. Ellis Econotel is the place that I stayed for my entire stay in Legazpi. The hotel is so silent, though it is just beside the mall. I booked the hotel through travelbook by the way and its discounted than the actual rate. The room is nice and cute. The location is perfect. You can see the ocean and the Mayon at the same time since it is just near at the Baywalk.
First day
It was raining when Im on my way to the hotel. Embarcadero is the name where the Ellis Econotel is located and there is a Baywalk, mall, pier and some adventure rides like zipline, wall climbing, and etc. This is also one of the spots if you are getting a tour package from any travel agencies.

Second day
Since I decided to just be a commuter, I had a challenge to keep on asking directions to the hotel staff and to the bicolanos. Good thing that they are really friendly and know their place/spots.
The Mayon volcano can be seen in Embarcadero but it is more beautiful to see it nearer. Cagsawa ruins is the place where you can see the Mayon Volcano in a perfect angle. Many tourists visited there and also do adventure like an ATV. I am not really fan of the rides so I didn’t do ATV. There is a minimal entrance fee for the maintenance. The ruins also have vendors near beside the area so you can but the souvenirs in a low cost if you are good in bid “tawad”.
After picture taking in Ruins and the beauty of Mayon volcano, Bicol also know from their “chili ice cream“, I had my snack just also along with the souvenir shops. I got teary eyes when I tried the Chili ice cream and the empanada with chili garlic sauce. It was good though. There is also a shop that has somehow history of the Mayon Volcano, where you can actually see the difference for decades to decades.It took me a long time to read while eating and of course chitchatting with the vendors. I asked for another tourist spot of Legazpi from the vendor, but I’m satisfied enough in seeing the Mayon volcano closer.
It’s passed noon and Sun is still up so I grab the chance to go to Lignon Hill of what’s in there. It’s a hill so I know it won’t be easy to go up there. After all the pictures and shopping in Cagsawa ruins, it’s time to go back to the city. The Cagsawa ruins are just near at the city proper, but of course you need to ride a tricycle that will go to the Lignon Hill’s root. There is also a minimal entrance fee at the hill.
There is a motorcycle that you can ride to go at the top of the hill, but I choose to walk/trek since the road is a bit scary inclined. When reaching the top of the hill, they also have Zipline and souvenir shops, but it is more expensive than in Cagsawa Ruins. You can also see the beauty of the Mayon and the city at the top of the Hill. Just rest for a couple of minutes and refresh at the Lignon hill. Going up is kinda tired, but going down is much easier.
After climbing the hill, I went to Daraga church before going back to the hotel. The church is quite old and it has limited time when its open. I arrived there late afternoon and it’s already closed, but I still be able to have any single picture of it.
A Long day for the city tour and it was worth it. My energy is still there so I decided to have a jog to see the sunset. I jog in the Legazpi boulevard and there are lots of people jog it there too. The place is so amazing and refreshing, but it’s prone of Tsunami, according to the signboard I saw.
I had so much fun and adventure on that day so I just bought another souvenir for my family and friends just to make them happy.
Advertisements
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highland Tour Within Cebu City

Forest Camp : Valencia, Negros Orriental

Thumbs Up Isla Gigantes