Siquijor Tour - A 5 Hour Explore



Facts
Apart of being an Island, it is a 5th provincial income class island province of the Philippines located in the Central Visayas region. Its capital is the municipality also named Siquijor. To the north of Siquijor is Cebu, to the west is Negros, northeast is Bohol, and to the south, across the Bohol Sea, is Mindanao.

The island has total area of 337.49 km2 (130.31 sq mi) so its not possible to roam around the island in just a day or two. Streets and main road are well constructed so its easy for you to drive and follow directions. 

You might heard about what the Siquijor can offer and even me got scared to travel alone because of it. The story about black magic and witches are one of the common story about the province. Well, maybe before but now its a modern period so I guess we can leave that as theory or history.

My Story
I was only having my staycation in Dumaguete City and since I stayed just near at the Port, I decided to have a sidetrip. The port in has many options to where you want to go but I decided to just visit the Siquijor. I took the first trip which is 5AM and it only costs 130 PHP. The port is quite nice so I guess its reasonable to have the terminal fee of 5-10 pesos. 




Transportation Reminder
Dumaguete to Siquijor boat trip is everyday and it starts at 5AM to 6PM same as vice versa.
The fare varies every shipping lines and it ranges from 100-200 pesos.
Travel time is 2-3 hours.



Arrival
Being in a new place sometimes makes me feel nervous or scared. The moment that I stepped out from the boat, I was thinking to go back right away because I dont know where to go and what to do in the island. If you are friendly enough and confident to talk with stranger, you would know someone at the port that maybe you can share for the tour expenses. 

Nothing to worry if you did not book a tour because there's a lot of tricycle that you can rent for a tour or maybe a motorcycle that you can rent for a day. Tricycle with driver ranges from 1000-1500 and motorcycle is 500 for a day if you can drive. You can really save if you are in a group of 4 or 5 so you can fair share with the motorcycle and thats a day of roaming around the province. If you are in a big group, you can also hire a van or jeep.

Since I was alone, I have no one to share with the expense and good thing thats Manong driver lower the price for tricycle. I got it  800 pesos for entire day visiting the famous spots. Manong driver was so accomodating and talkative so I felt so safe and very welcome to the place.

Entrance fees may varies on every spots ranges from 5-50 pesos.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highland Tour Within Cebu City

Forest Camp : Valencia, Negros Orriental

Thumbs Up Isla Gigantes